Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The authors will be informed about the type of presentation (oral or poster) by 15 September 2019
- Registration is mandatory for the presenting author
Format for submission of abstracts (in New Times Roman):
- The abstracts should have a Title (12 pts),
- Authors, their affiliation,
- *Email address of the presenter,
- the abstract (250 words). All in 11 pts in the following format.
Climate Change Effects on Pest Management and Food Security
HC Sharma1,2*, Jagdish Jaba1 and MK Dhillon2
1International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru 502324 Telangana, India. 2Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi 110,012, India. 3YSP University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni 173,230 Himachal Pradesh, India.
Abstract: Global warming and climate change will trigger major changes in geographical distribution and population dynamics of insect pests, insect – host plant interactions, activity and abundance of natural enemies, and efficacy of crop protection technologies. Changes in geographical distribution and incidence will affect both crop production and food security. Insect pests presently confined to tropical and subtropical regions will move to temperate regions along with a shift in the areas of cultivation of their host plants, while distribution and relative abundance of some insect species vulnerable to high temperatures in the temperate regions may decrease as a result of global warming. The relative efficacy of pest control measures such as host-plant resistance, natural enemies, bio-pesticides, and synthetic chemicals is likely to change as a result of global warming and climate change. There is an urgent need to assess the efficacy of various pest management technologies under diverse environmental conditions, and develop appropriate strategies for pest management to mitigate the adverse effects of climate change.
- Early Bird Registration 31st Jul 2019
- Regular Registration 15th Oct 2019
- Late Registration After 15th Oct 2019
- Congress 10th- 14th Nov 2019
- Abstract last date 31st Aug 2019
- Symposia Applications Due 15th Apr 2019